Senior Manager – Development & Partnerships
Location: Panama-based preferred but open to remote working for exceptional candidates
Reporting to: FSC IF Managing Director and Director of Finance & Administration
Work Percentage: 100%
In 2018, the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) established the FSC Indigenous Foundation (FSC- IF) as the operational office of the Permanent Indigenous Peoples Committee (PIPC). The FSC IF is a private interest foundation in accordance with Law No. 25 of June 12, 1995 of the Republic of Panama. The mission of FSC IF is to enable an enabling environment to guarantee the rights of Indigenous Peoples and promote sustainable forest-based solutions within 300 million hectares of indigenous forests on the planet. The vision is that Indigenous Peoples’ global values, rights, livelihoods, ecosystem services, natural capital and communities are incorporated into forest governance, climate change governance and market systems.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Reporting directly to the FSC- IF Managing Director and Director of Finance & Administration, we are looking for an experienced Senior Manager – Development & Partnerships (SMDP) to design and implement a sustainability and growth plan for new and existing funding opportunities through engagement and partnership with the Private and Financial sectors, multilateral organizations, investors, and donors. She/he will also coordinate and interact with Program teams and partners to identify strategic, businesses and funding opportunities to create and cultivate long-term partnerships to best support the FSC IF mission and long-term objectives. Using her/his broad skills and knowledge of partnership building and program development as well as her/his existing network, the SMDP will lead on all program development matters and on all revenue-generating opportunities, helping to identify and design new major projects and programs in order to support the FSC IF’s strategic objectives.
- Lead on the design, development, and implementation of the growth and sustainability strategies and plans to identify and close on new program opportunities to grow funding streams in line with overall FSC IF Objectives, Plans, and Programs.
- Develop and maintain a database / pipeline of targeted donor organizations and Private Sector companies and continually perform analysis of these targets to prioritize activities.
- Keep up-to-date on emergent funding opportunities for FSC IF and build / maintain relationships with leading donors to expand and consolidate FSC IF actions in new areas and opportunities.
- Generate and lead tailored presentation and communications materials to inform prospects and strengthen/consolidate the visibility and leadership of FSC IF with public and private donors in areas related to the mission and objectives of the organization.
- Lead the effort to develop and negotiate winning proposals to potential targets.
- Lead on the design, development, and implementation of a strategic partnership approach to create win-win long-term relationships with key Private Sector actors, donors and other interested parties in line with the FSC IF’s objectives, plans, and programs.
- Cultivate and maintain strategic partnership relationships in line with agreed key performance indicators and financial targets.
- Work collaboratively with FSC IF’s IPARD (Indigenous Peoples Alliance for Rights and Development) Program Lead on Business Partnerships and Indigenous Economies as well as other technical staff to identify, engage, develop and negotiate strategic partnerships in line with FSC IF’s long-term plans and strategies.
- University degree in business, finance, administration, economics, international development or a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in business and program development, fundraising and income generation within the international development / NGO sector being able to evidence securing significant funds (e.g. mid- seven figure income generation annually).
- Consolidate a strong and extensive network of contacts in the field.
- Strong past experience developing, securing, and strengthening long-term strategic partnerships with donors and investors.
- Experience and evidence of leading, under limited supervision, successful program development programs and business collaborations.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a credible communicator, negotiator, networker and influencer at a senior level internally and externally.Exceptional capacity to identify new opportunities and ability to convert new ideas into attractive/innovative products for donors and investors.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Spanish and /or French will be considered a plus.
- Familiarity with international development projects or programs oriented for Indigenous Peoples and Local communities worldwide preferred.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity to the diversity of values, views and approaches to issues relevant to the FSC IF.
- Ability to respond adequately and efficiently to pressure, meeting deadlines with delivery of exceptional products.
- Candidates deeply familiar with Indigenous Peoples culture and communities or a native member of an Indigenous People preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit by February 23th to March 18th, 2022 (5pm, Panama Time) to email@example.com
- Cover letter (two page maximum) including salary proposal and two professional references.